Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Camellia's & Bees

The Camellia is the Alabama State flower. Random. My backyard is blessed with Camellias...they bloom in February...I love that. Camellias attract bees...lots of bees.....hmmmm.....photo op!
Did you know, most bees are fuzzy and have an "electrostatic charge" that helps with pollination? Nikkipedia definition; "between the charge and the fuzz...pollen stays on their legs."
Not to mention, they're FAST...fast little flyer's. And in my opinion some bees are more aggressive than others, it's just a personality thing. Some little lovelies would let me snap all day...while others would dive bomb me at every opportunity. Now that is just being waspish if you ask me.

Jay you like? They are bringing back the fuzzy yellow leg warmer...or maybe that was just me and they were never in? On second thought, don't answer that.

nik

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh leg warmers...I am just going to say, "IF you can't work it...don't wear it"...hehee!! However, in this instance, I would strongly suggest that fuzzy, fast flying bees should probably be the only ones, this season anyway, flaunting that trend. ;) Speaking of bees..Bee would like to have at least ONE picture of her up on your blog..with or without leg warmers..your call. :)

    ReplyDelete