Monday, January 31, 2011

nikolai!

nikolai is a Slavic variant of the masculine name nicholas, or nick, nikki, nik...
all meaning
"victory of the people."
Ok, so this may be slightly dramatic...
BUT this is such a personal VICTORY for me...


Yes! a near perfect transfer on watercolor canvas!!! I mean Y'all!!!!!!
Photography + modern digital art + "old school" ART!!! my dream.

look at the texture...as Sharon Knettell expressed,and I sooo wholeheartedly agree,
"Each piece is unique and takes its own time to be realized.
I am not concerned with the quantity,
but only that they communicate my understanding of life
and my craft at that particular time."



I have said it before...and I will say it again...
it's the ability of photography with photoshop to MAKE images...
that I am in mad-love with!!! love love love.

"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time" T.M.
i am an artist.
nik

2 comments:

  1. LOVE!LOVE! :))))) Yaaaaaaaaaay!
    I have seen you through the years work with everything from coloring crayons (as a young girl of course ;),to pencils,watercolors, oils, acrylics, and I am pretty sure you were even on the tole painting band wagon for a time...LOL!;) Even through all the "artistic" stages, I have never seen you fall so madly in love with an artistic medium before! You truly have found yourself... artistically speaking ;)....you have found you niche!!! I can attest to the fact, you are an artist... albeit, an artist with big hands! ;)LOL! I read the bellow quotes and I thought of you...you love art and I love words, what can I say?? ;) I could have put 10 more quotes, everyone I read, I thought they were talking about you!!!! ;)))) How can all you crazy artists be so much alike?LOL!!! Love you tons! Shan

    An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision.~James McNeill Whistler~
    If a day goes by without my doing something related to photography,
    it's as though I've neglected something essential to my existence,
    as though I had forgotten to wake up.
    ~Richard Avedon~
    Colour is my day-long obsession, joy and torment.~Claude Monet~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto. ;)) Nik...you nailed it. Whoop whoop...(picture me shaking ny groove thing)...as always your talent blows my kind. How do you say "way too talented" in Slavish???? hehee....

    ReplyDelete