Sunday, December 26, 2010

flower power

well, it was better than "flower girls rock" or some other nonsense...I really don't try...
all this claptrap just kind-of bubbles to the surface naturally...



kids are a wonderful to photograph. Truly truly! and those who know me, know for better or worse,
I very very very rarely say things I do not wholeheartedly mean...
I have not photographed a kid that I don't like...kids are crazy fun...
I love it...my experience photographing kids has been amazing.

I love their ability to quickly connect, their openness to try new things,
and their complete lack of self-criticism in front of the lens.
Perhaps, this is total narcissism on my part, but so far I also haven't
found a kid who doesn't like the photo I took of them...LOL (:

In general, the response to looking at themselves on the back of the camera
goes something like this:

"yeah, I'm cute...
yeah, I look adorable....
yeah, everyone tells me I am good looking all the time....
oh yeah, did you know? I am also the smartest in my class."

You know what I mean here...no nitpicking...
just the facts...
"I'm awesome," and it's really cool of you to notice, crazy camera lady...

gosh I LOVE doing this.......love love love
nik

1 comment:

  1. I love this picture! The red and the little girl's facial expression is priceless!

    ReplyDelete