Friday, February 5, 2010

Blow Mold

I love my husband, married 12 years this August and he is always fun and interesting to be married to. Bruce loves the History Channel and for some odd reason I love, that he loves, the history channel. He will always give me some random information or little news tidbit from something he has watched or heard. And, the guy retains everything, well almost everything...with the exception that my birthday is October 25th, not the 24th. This is not necessarily a bad thing because I have been known to get a birthday "week"...this may mean he is very very thoughtful...or like Vegas just playing the numbers....but, I digress....

Last night Bruce kidnapped me from the computer to watch the History Channel as they highlighted one of my favorite companies Bolthouse Farms. I have had the pleasure of working with Bolthouse and it has been an incredible experience. I will post more Images soon...however, in the meantime this Image is of the interesting process of Blow molding, or blow forming. My own nikipedia definition: A process that uses heat to take a small hollow plastic and create a large hollow plastic. In this case a carrot juice bottle. A big sorry to all the Thermoplastic wizards out there...I stretched myself as far as possible just to come up with that definition. Really, I think the Image says it best, it is like MAGIC! (:
nik

1 comment:

  1. Magic..I like it. I also like the definition..dummed down as it was for the non-thermoplastic peeps like myself..hehee! Pretty picture...pretty talented artist. ;)

    ReplyDelete