Monday, July 26, 2010

Purple




I'll tell you how the sun rose,--
A ribbon at a time.
The steeples swam in amethyst,
The news like squirrels ran.
The hills untied their bonnets,
The bobolinks begun.
Then I said softly to myself,
"That must have been the sun!"
But how he set, I know not.

There seemed a purple stile
Which little yellow boys and girls
Were climbing all the while
Till when they reached the other side,
A dominie in gray
Put gently up the evening bars,
And led the flock away.
Poem by Emily Dickinson's

Meet Erin. If anyone could tame a butterfly...

nik.



6 comments:

  1. Oh my, my little fairy.:) Nik you are amazing!!! She looks like an angel or fairy...just fits her!!! My Baby Erwin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soft, yet still strong and powerful. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this one, especially the wash out effect, which emphasized the softness of the purple and the sharpness of the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ferocity in her eyes and the way it contrasts with her youth and the paleness of the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What can I say! Your number one fan!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete