Saturday, May 22, 2010

Meet David Coury.

David Coury shared some valuable communication insights today. www.davidcoury.com
I will forever notice now if I am crossing my arms, or holding them behind my back. I will also work very diligently to make more "I" statements, and know what "I" want to say. Not to mention, I am going to forever hold it over my husbands head that David said, "emotions are Ok!" And perhaps, just perhaps you will over-hear me working through them in a Mickey Mouse voice (Well, if nothing else...you can't take yourself to seriously while talking like Mickey Mouse, can you?) I will also ponder on, who cares how you got here...move on! I really like that one...

I could go on, but I am sure David will have a book out before you know it of all these insights...My personal insight for the day...

I am first and foremost a portrait photographer, I like the connection made in a portrait setting, and not the hustle and bustle of events.....and yet, this is my favorite shot of the day, and I really! enjoyed making it, at an event, of all things........ hmmmm.....as David said, "Try it..." and if you don't like it, try on another hat! Maybe I won't hang-up my event hat, just yet....

nik

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't have said it better myself!! "I" found out I am not my name either...AKA Margie :)

    ReplyDelete